Celebs, Brews, a $10,000 Dream Closet and More – The Top 10 Reasons to Attend the Southern Ideal Home Show
RALEIGH, N.C. – (March 23, 2016) – The Southern Ideal Home Show, the Triangle’s largest home and garden event happening April 8-10 at the North Carolina State Fairgrounds, is a three-day showcase featuring more than 300 top area professionals in home and garden. While there are hundreds of reasons to come to the show, here are the top 10:
- Headlining this year’s show is celebrity guest Chip Wade, co-host of HGTV’s newest show Wise Buys. Wise Buys features Wade and his realtor wife, Pauli, as they use their expert knowledge to help other couples learn the ins and outs of home buying and renovation. In each episode, Pauli chooses 3-4 houses that fit the criteria of their clients, but also showcases great strategies for getting an excellent deal.
In addition to Wise Buys, Wade also hosts HGTV’s Elbow Room and often appears in the role of carpenter or contractor on HGTV shows such as Curb Appeal: The Block and Designed to Sell. Wade will present The Art of the Amazing Space: Lessons Learned from 10 Years of TV Makeovers on Saturday, April 9 and Sunday, April 10 at 1:30 p.m. Following each presentation, Wade will host a Meet and Greet session for fans to take pictures and get autographs.
- The spring show will showcase Brews & Bites, where guests will enjoy locally-crafted beers with savory foods created by top chefs and businesses in the Triangle for free. Participating restaurants and breweries include: BrewPublick, Raleigh Brewing Company, B.Good, City Barbeque, G2B Restaurant and Brewery, Fogwood Food and Capital City Chophouse.
- Sunday is UNC-TV day at the show. Experts and hosts from UNC-TV will take the Home Ideas Stage to share their home and garden tips and tricks. Brie Arthur, foodscaping and landscape design correspondent on Growing A Greener World, will kick things off at 12:30 p.m., followed by Heather Burgiss, host and producer of My Home, NC at 2:30 p.m., and Mike Gray, host and producer of the Almanac Gardener, will close things out at 3:30 p.m.
- This year the show has partnered with Closets by Designs to give one lucky guest a $10,000 dream closet. The winner will also receive a $1,000 gift card toward the purchase of new clothing and accessories, sponsored by LuLaRoe by Jennifer Rathbun. Register for the $10,000 Dream Closet Giveaway here.
- Partners in Design, a group of local interior design resources, will showcase ideas in traditional interior design and current trends. The group, coordinated by Marie Martin of MPM Designs, also includes retired interior designer Lisa Welde, Catherine Merriman of Raleigh Orchids, Cynthia Brooks, antique dealer, and many others. Browse the group’s beautiful room displays, created with new furniture, as well as vintage, refurbished and repurposed pieces. Everything on display will be for sale.
- Get a head start on spring home improvement projects with an extra $1,000, courtesy of Southern Shows, Inc.Register to win $1,000 to shop the show here.
- Our exhibitors are offering more than just valuable information at this year’s show – they’re offering prizes! From free design time to a generator giveaway, the prizes are bigger and better than ever. See the complete listing of show deals here.
- Experts will help you design the perfect outdoor living area to relax, entertain and enjoy being at home. You’ll find everything from pools, spas, patios, decks, sunrooms, outdoor kitchens, trees and sod.
- Get all of your home improvement questions answered at theAsk TheHomeMag pavilion at the show. The aisle will feature professionals who can assist with every aspect of any project, whether it’s a kitchen, bathroom or whole-house remodel. There are even experts to assist with HVAC, garage doors and storage, window cleaning, deck restoration, clean water, gutters and more.
- This year we’re excited to offer $5 admission to the show Saturday and Sunday to all runners participating in the Rock ‘n’ Roll Raleigh Marathon and ½ Marathon. Just bring your race bib to the show to receive your discounted ticket. Interested in running the half or full marathon, but haven’t signed up yet? Use special promo code HOMESHOW for $15 off either race when purchasing tickets online now through April 3.
Advance tickets are available at Walgreen’s locations throughout the Triangle beginning March 7. Tickets are available online and at the door for $9, and children under 15 are free with a paying adult. Friday is 55+ Day (tickets are $7 for anyone 55 and older) and Hero Day (free admission for active and former military, police, fire or EMT with valid identification). Parking is available and free of cost.
For more information, visit www.southerindealhomeshow.com.
About Southern Shows:
Southern Shows Inc. has produced high-quality consumer shows for more than 50 years. Family-owned and operated, Charlotte-based Southern Shows currently produces 18 separate events with a combined audited attendance of more than 600,000. For more information about attending or exhibiting at Southern Shows Inc. events in other markets, visitwww.SouthernShows.com or call 800-849-0248.